Why Is Music Powerful And Important?

People have different musical tastes. Some are more into jazz and rock, others prefer classical or semi-classical. I don't know about you but I am a semi-classical lover.

In my region, semi-classical is something that is not purely classical but has a few glimpses of classical into it.

So, classical in my region is considered as the most difficult form of music because it contains pure "raags". People from the western world wouldn't be familiar with this word but here in the east, people might have an idea of what I am trying to say.


Image result for why is music so important


I have grown up listening to all sorts of music but what really touches my soul deeply is semi-classical. I remember that I used to go to AL-Hamra Art Theatre in Lahore to listen to pure classical and semi-classical music in the All Pakistan Music Conference (APMC).

I used to be the only one of my age among all the old fashioned senior citizens. I don't know but it has always appealed to me, the sound of Sarangi, Sitar, Tabla, Bansuri and Tanpura (all eastern instruments).

I think am one of those very few young people who are into this kind of music, otherwise, modern music has taken the youth to another zone, to another vague world where they would never understand the true music.


Image result for why is music so powerful


Music becomes more Important and Powerful as you get able to understand and perceive it in a certain manner. When you listen to music and instinctively understand that it is not some modern bullshit autotuning and electronic instruments but it is actually a piece of pure music.

It becomes more effective in a good way when you are able to differentiate between the two types of music. It does not require special knowledge of music but just a little ABC of real music.

As you understand music it becomes a part of your life, you start relating to it, it gives you moods, it can motivate you and inspire you, it can cheer you up and much more. Here are a few things that music gives you and as to why it is so important:

1. Ambiance

Music can create any type of ambiance you want around you. It can create an environment that you require. It adds up to the mood you are in.

What if there's sad music played in a night club full of youngsters, someone would probably sue it, that is how important music is for the ambiance. Imagine a movie theatre without music or a cafe without lite music, won't feel that good right?

2. Admiration

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I want to be motivated for doing something, it's the music that helps me and not the public speakers or YouTubers or TV shows, only music.

That is how important music is for my admiration and you all will agree that it is just the best method. We are always in need of motivation because we are always in some struggle of life and that's where music comes.

3. Nostalgia

I have certain life events that are associated with certain songs, and whenever I listen to any of those songs, I recall the memory associated with that song instantly.

This is really helpful when you have regrets, you don't forget the events that caused you regrets, you think about them and make yourself a better person.

4. Unity

Music can unite nations. and when I say "nations", I am not kidding. My father tells me about the 1965 India - Pakistan War,

when Pakistan was outnumbered, Madam Noor Jehan (one of the biggest stars in Pakistan's history sung a motivational song, that led 1000s of local people to come out of their houses and fight with whatever they had.

5. Imagination

It works for me but I don't know about you guys, do comment if it goes the same for you that whenever I need to imagine something, Music helps me doing that.

I can really imagine anything clearly while listening to music and that's great because Music takes me to another level where I can think and process my brain out of the box.

Image result for classical music


Post a Comment

0 Comments